U Smile Dental Practice
Summary Privacy Notice
- U Smile Dental Practice wants to make sure you understand how we use your personal data.
- Personal data is information about you.
- We collect personal data about you and your health, such as your name, age, address, phone number, why you are coming to our practice and what healthcare services (“care”) you will receive.
- We use that personal data so that you can receive care at our practice.
- We share some of that personal data with other people, where we need to.
- We keep that personal data safe, and we generally keep it for 30 years.
- You have quite a few rights regarding your personal data.
- If you have questions or want to see your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or call 01582415150 (during working hours).
This notice tells you what personal data (which is information about you) U Smile Dental Practice collects about you and what we do with that personal data.
Q: What personal data does U Smile Dental Practice collect about me?
We collect personal data about you and your health, such as your name, age, address, phone number, why you are coming to our practice and what care you will receive from us. We also collect personal data about any care you have already received from us/other providers. We will not keep personal data that is not relevant to the care we will provide you with and will always let you know what personal data we collect.
Q: What does U Smile Dental Practice do with my personal data?
We use your personal data to create a patient profile for you and to provide your care in our practice, and that the other doctors and nurses you see at other hospitals have a complete picture of your care. We also have to use your personal data to assess how successful we have been in providing your care. We will make sure we follow any laws which tell us what we should and should not do with your personal data.
Q: With whom does U Smile Dental Practice share my personal data?
We share your personal data with:
- people who look after you, from our reception team to any dentists and nurses
- other dentists and nurses who work at other practice if you are also seen there
- your parent or guardian (if you are under 18 and they are responsible for you)
- those who pay for your treatment (your parent or guardian, or someone else)
- the NHS
- organisations who look at how the care in our practice could be improved and ensure it meets the high standards the law requires.
Q: For how long does U Smile Dental Practice keep my personal data?
U Smile Dental Practice generally keeps personal data about your care for 30 years after you have finished your treatment.
Q: How does U Smile Dental Practice keep my personal data safe?
We take protecting your personal data very seriously. All personal data is held securely, and we have safeguards in place to make sure that only the people who need access to your personal data can access it. Also, we make sure that if anyone at U Smile Dental Practice uses your personal data, they are trained in using it carefully. If we share your personal data with other people or companies, we make sure it is done in a safe and secure way.
Q: What rights do I have?
You have quite a few rights in respect of your personal data. For example, if you would like to see what personal data we hold on you, you can either make a subject access request or ask your parent or guardian (if you are under 18 and they are responsible for you) to make a subject access request and contact your practice, who will provide you or your parent or guardian with a copy of that personal data.
You can also ask us to correct personal data we hold about you if it is wrong, or even delete it (although we don’t always have to do so). You can also tell us if you do not want us to use your personal data in any particular way, but this may mean that in some cases, we cannot treat you.
If you would like to talk to us about your data rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (whose contact details are set out below). If you’re under 18, you can ask your parent or guardian to help you if you like, or simply contact us and we will be as helpful as possible.
You can read more about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (which is responsible for making sure everyone in the UK treats personal data properly).
Q: Who can I speak to if I have any questions about anything in this notice?
Please either send your question, or ask your parent or guardian (if you are under 18 and they are responsible for you) to pass your question, to our Data Protection Officer (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01582 415150 between 9.30 am – 5pm, Monday to Friday) who will be able to help.
You or your parent or guardian can also read our detailed Privacy Notice.
Q: What if I am unhappy with anything which U Smile Dental Practice has done or wants to do with my personal data?
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner and you can contact them.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 17/07/ 2020.